My pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

How to Live: Food

Look closely, as the Lazy Susan tries to find her direction.

It has come to my attention and much to my dismay that I have ill-treated this blog. My first hope, almost a year ago, was to highlight Chicago in all its greatness, and showcase all activities that I had either tried, wanted to try, or could not go another day without telling someone about it. However, I don't go on adventures every weekend or do things that always warrant daily posts, which brings me to my point (and rest of my post)...

I should (and will) blog about what I love most: food. I remember in high school I had an interest in becoming a chef. I shadowed a few chefs in the back kitchen at a nice restaurant for a day in Indianapolis and even took a cooking class(1) with my mom. What I learned was that yes, I love food, but just because you love something, it might not mean you're meat to live, breathe, AND work with it. Hmm, it works with THESE two. Fine. I digress.

After the brief stint with "restaurateur-ring", I asked my mom how one could become a food critic. I was given an explanation along the lines of: you have to be a chef first, then comes the critiquing. Damn.

But with one hiccup came a step forward in a slightly different direction. Writing about my experiences with services, food in particularly, became a habit. A good 10 years later, I'm word-of-mouthing my mouth off to anyone who has ears and everyone who can read.

Food is something I may not know how to best perfect, but I sure as hell can examine it, pronounce it, hate it, and drool over it. Best of yet, I'll share with you how it makes me do all or none of the above.


No comments:

Post a Comment